EATONTOWN, NJ (September 7, 2010) – Wall Post: Combine the populations of Japan, Russia, Nigeria and Turkey– that’s still less than the 500,000,000 users on Facebook. It looks like it isn’t a fad after all. While Facebook members are exponentially increasing every month, companies are looking for ways to utilize the social media craze to create business. Grass Roots Marketing (GRM) Inc. is offering the Top Five Company Facebook Tips to help organizations use this ever-growing social media outlet.
“Through the use of Company Pages, businesses are aiming to leverage Facebook’s capabilities to connect with new and existing customers,” says Kim Masterson, Director of GRM. “It’s a great way to get found, strengthen relationships and nurture leads.”
Masterson says that many businesses are at a point where they have created a basic Company Facebook Page, but aren’t quite sure how to use it the right way. She discusses five ways organizations can increase the effectiveness of their pages:
1) Provide Useful Information – Don’t use your Facebook Page to be entirely self-promotional; it turns people away. Instead, give your audience valuable content and incentives to keep following your page.
2) Personalize Your Page – This is your opportunity to show off the personality of your company. As long as it’s still on the professional side, include photos from staff events and have a little fun with your wall posts.
3) Drive Traffic To Your Website – Find opportunities to link wall posts, notes and discussions back to your website. This increases web traffic and higher rankings in search engine results.
4) Consistently Update – If you think you’re just going to create a page and magically get more business, think again. While Facebook doesn’t cost money, it is a time investment. Designate an experienced user to consistently update your site to keep your followers interested.
5) Engage your audience – Facebook isn’t meant to be one-way communication tool. Encourage your followers to participate in discussions and always respond to both positive and negative feedback.
“Facebook and other social media sites are becoming powerful marketing and sales tools for branding, networking and lead nurturing,” adds Masterson. “However, companies must use them strategically in order to see results.”
GRM is a full-service integrated marketing communications firm that specializes in cost-effective solutions for small to mid-sized businesses. For more information about GRM and social media, please visit www.grmwebsite.com or call 800.634.6476.
About Grass Roots Marketing
Grass Roots Marketing designs, develops, delivers and tracks one-of-a-kind integrated marketing campaigns for all types of small businesses. No matter what your marketing, advertising or public relations needs may be, we’ll provide your demographic with consistent and creative branding that won’t break your bank. We work with you to develop a brand image, promote your company and support your sales efforts – and we do it with a flair that fits your organization. For more information about Grass Roots Marketing, please visit www.grmwebsite.com or call 800.634.6476.